Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quito!

Arrived in the dark, at 10pm this evening, so I am curious to wake up tomorrow and really see what it's like around here!  I am wide awake at 9000 ft. in altitude, it's misty foggy rain out...though no umbrella necessary. Had a strange luggage issue as my bag came out of the carousel completely unzipped with the interior (clothes and all) totally exposed...the zipper got ripped off somehow, and all the other zippers were open too...like my bag had been ransacked, even the TSA lock was missing, very weird...but, the good news is nothing was missing. The airline is having it repaired asap and supposedly delivering it to the hotel by tomorrow night before I head south to Loja on Saturday morning. I am always grateful to speak the mother tongue when in a spanish speaking country...tantas gracias Mom and Dad. Goodnight, time for ambien!

No comments:

Post a Comment